Today is celebrated the 125th anniversary of the birth of Agatha Christie. An onomastic to begin to remember the works of the great queen of suspense. However, Agatha Christie's work is wide and varied, where Hercule Poirot is not the only leading detective.
Taking advantage of the date, we have seen fit to tell you about the 5 must-read works if you want to know the work of Agatha Christie. Of course, these works are chosen in a personal way, so possibly you prefer other works or think that we are confused, in any case remember that this choice is your own and free, free to follow or reject.
5 novels by Agatha Christie
- The murder of Roger Ackroyd. It is one of the top works where Hercule Poirot appears. Published in 1926, The murder of Roger Ackroyd continues to be successful. In 2013 he won the award for the best detective novel. The novel is about a love triangle that occurs at King's Abbott. Roger Ackroyd is the tip of this triangle that he is assassinated after finding out who his lover's extortionist is. A retired Hercule Poirot already appears in this work and will remain so until the end of Agatha Christie's works.
- Death in the Vicarage. Agatha Christie published this work in 1930. Its importance lies in the fact that in this novel she presents one of the most beloved characters by the writer and her audience. On Death in the Vicarage appears for the first time Miss Jane Marple in a novel. This aging woman is fond of suspense and mystery. In 13 novels Miss Marple will try to solve the mysteries that are presented to her, Death in the Vicarage is one of those cases.
- Ten Negritos. It is one of the best-selling works, with more than 100 million books sold, from the work of Agatha Christie and it is not for less since it is one of the works with more plots, mysteries and murders that exists. The novel tells the story of 10 people who commit crimes and they escape from justice. Later these people are reunited on an island and mysteriously they die one by one, according to the stanzas of an old song.
- Nofret's revenge. Agatha Christie was a lover of Archeology and the Middle East. This novel is the only one that moves to Ancient Egypt. Imhotep is a priest from Egypt who recently has to take in his daughter who has become widowed but will also bring a new concubine, Nofret, who destabilizes the family out of greed and power.
- Eternal night. This play was published in 1967 and stars Michael Rogers, a young man who likes to live in the moment and with no plans for the future. In this work, Rogers is passionate about a woman, Ellie Guteman, and a place, Campo del Gitano. After their wedding, Ellie suffers a mysterious accident where she dies. All surrounded by the esoteric world that gives the figure of old Esther. This work is based on the poem by William Blake, Auguries of Innocence.
If any of these works have caught your attention, in the following links ( The murder of Roger Ackroyd ,Death in the Vicarage, No products found., Nofret's revenge, Eternal night) you can get these works for your enjoyment. Otherwise, just tell you not to forget the great author of the detective novel and that surely some work will catch your attention, she wrote more than 66 novels, so there will be some, don't you think?
Be the first to comment